Norfolk -Virginia Food Handler Training & Manager Certification
Norfolk - Virginia Food Safety Handler Manager Training & ANSI Exam
- Food Safety Manager Certification
- Food Handler Training
Norfolk - Virginia Food Safety Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. Please remember, your examination must be proctored.
*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Help with Exam
- Before the Exam: To login to the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
- To Schedule Your Exam Online: Click here
- End of Course/Exam Instructions: Your Official Certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam, however, a printable Proof of Completion document is available via the LMS once you complete and pass the final exam. (400K- PDF) – Download
Norfolk - Virginia Food Safety Handler Training Course
Most people working in restaurants and non-restaurant facilities need a Food Handlers Card. To get the card, food handling and serving personnel should complete food handling training. After completing the course, they have to present the food handlers certificate to their local authority and pay the required registration fees.
Food Handler Training is often intended for entry-level professionals in the food service industry, such as servers, chefs, cooks, cashiers, and even c-store clerks. The Food Handler Certificate will require the learner to complete a brief 2-hour training course covering basic food safety principles. At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the content and learning outcomes. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a Food Handler’s Certificate document (or card).
The Learn2Serve.com Food Handler Training course will discuss various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and reduces risks.
Credit Hours: 2 hrsCost: $7.00
At the conclusion of the Food Handler Training Certificate program, you should be able to:
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Identify foodborne illnesses, signs of food spoilage, types of food prep contamination, and proper temperature control methods.
- Safely store and prepare meat, poultry, and vegetables.
- Demonstrate effective food handling techniques that promote cleanliness and safety in food establishments.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Summarize practices for properly cleaning and sanitizing food contact materials and surface.
Upon successful completion of the course and the exam, you will earn your food handler certificate of completion from your training page.
Virginia Food Safety State Requirements
Virginia Food Handlers
Virginia food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Virginia food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Virginia Certified Food Managers
Virginia requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Virginia – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Virginia Food Safety State Regulations
- Virginia Department of Health – Food Safety
- Virginia Administrative Code – Title 12: Health – Agency 5: Department of Health – Chapter 421: Food Regulations
- Virginia Guide to Employee Health in Food Establishments (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Virginia Local Health Districts
- Virginia Mobile Food Units (PDF)
- City of Arlington – Mobile Food Vending Units
- Fairfax County – Mobile Food Vending
- Chesapeake Health Department – Mobile Food Unit Operational Guide (PDF)
- City of Hampton – Mobile Food Units (PDF)
- City of Norfolk – Food Truck Vendor Program
- City of Alexandria -Food Trucks
- Richmond Food Truck Association
- Virginia Wine Festival – Food Trucks
- Washingtonian – Food Truck Ban Lifted – May 2015
- Virginia Beach – Peddler and Solicitor Information (PDF)
- Virginia Beach -An outdoor food truck park by Eat the Streets 757 has been granted a one-year conditional-use permit to operate at the Oceanfront.
- Virginia Beach Administrative Code – Chapter 26: Peddler and Solicitors
Virginia Food Safety State Contact Info
Virginia Department of Health
Environmental Health – Food Safety
109 Governor Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Phone: (804) 864-7454
City of Norfolk - Virginia
810 Union Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
Phone: (757) 664-6510
We offer online Food Safety Training in Virginia for: Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Arlington, Richmond, Newport News, Alexandria, Hampton, Roanoke, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Lynchburg, and many more!