Montana Food Handler Training and Manager Certification
Montana Food Safety Handler Manager Training & ANSI Exam
- Food Safety Manager Certification
- Food Handler Training
Montana Food Safety Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. Please remember, your examination must be proctored.
*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Help with Exam
- Before the Exam: To login to the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
- To Schedule Your Exam Online: Click here
- End of Course/Exam Instructions: Your Official Certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam, however, a printable Proof of Completion document is available via the LMS once you complete and pass the final exam. (400K- PDF) – Download
Montana Food Safety Handler Training Course
Most people working in restaurants and non-restaurant facilities need a Food Handlers Card. To get the card, food handling and serving personnel should complete food handling training. After completing the course, they have to present the food handlers certificate to their local authority and pay the required registration fees.
Food Handler Training is often intended for entry-level professionals in the food service industry, such as servers, chefs, cooks, cashiers, and even c-store clerks. The Food Handler Certificate will require the learner to complete a brief 2-hour training course covering basic food safety principles. At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the content and learning outcomes. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a Food Handler’s Certificate document (or card).
The Learn2Serve.com Food Handler Training course will discuss various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and reduces risks.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
At the conclusion of the Food Handler Training Certificate program, you should be able to:
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Identify foodborne illnesses, signs of food spoilage, types of food prep contamination, and proper temperature control methods.
- Safely store and prepare meat, poultry, and vegetables.
- Demonstrate effective food handling techniques that promote cleanliness and safety in food establishments.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Summarize practices for properly cleaning and sanitizing food contact materials and surface.
Upon successful completion of the course and the exam, you will earn your food handler certificate of completion from your training page.
Montana Food Safety State Requirements
Montana Food Handlers
Montana food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Montana food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Montana Certified Food Managers
Montana requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Our Food Protection Manager Course and Certification Exam (Learn2Serve) are accredited by Montana as an online Training and Exam provider: Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services – Certified Food Protection Manager Training
Montana – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Montana Food Safety State Regulations
- Administrative Rules of Montana (ARM) – Chapter 37: Department of Health and Human Services – Subchapter 37.110.2: Retail Food Establishments
- Montana Rules for Retail Food Establishments
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Montana Food Code
- Montana Mobile Food Vending
- City of Whitefish – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- Destination Missoula – Food Trucks and Mobile Food
- City of Billings – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
Montana Food Safety State Contact Info
Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services
Health Policy and Services Division
Communicable Disease Control & Prevention Bureau
Food & Consumer Safety Section
P O BOX 202951 / 1400 Broadway – Rm. C-214
Helena, MT 59620-2951
Phone: (406) 444 -2408
We offer online Food Safety Training in Montana for: Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Bozeman, Butte-Silver Bow, Helena, Kalispell, Havre, Anaconda-Deer Lodge County, Miles City, Helena Valley West Central, Belgrade, Helena Valley Southeast, Livingston, Lockwood, Laurel, and many more!