Food Manager Course & Exam
Promo Code at Checkout: "train10off"
Course Duration: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
Live 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235
Printable certificate available once you complete and pass the final exam.
Valid for maximum of 5 years. Check with your local health department as certificates may expire sooner.
Louisiana Food Safety Management Principles Course - $85.00
Louisiana Food Manager Certification ANSI Exam - $55.00
Louisiana Food Safety Manager Training with ANSI Exam – $99.00
Food Handler Training Course
Course Duration: 2 Hours
Live 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – www.360trainingsupport.com
Louisiana Food Handler Training Card/Course/Certificate – $6.00
(Spanish) Louisiana Food Handler Training Card/Course/Certificate – $6.00
Food & Alcohol Training Package
Combo Package: Louisiana Food Handler Training & Alcohol Responsible Vendor Training
Louisiana Food Handler Training and Manager Certification
Louisiana Food Safety Handler Manager Training & ANSI Exam
- Food Safety Manager Certification
- Food Handler Training
Louisiana Food Safety Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
Food Manager Training Course
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Audience: Experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as owner, manager, person-in-charge (PIC), chef, cook, or any employee.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
To be certified as a food manager, the individual must pass an accredited food safety examination - administered by a certification provider.
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). With the exception of Connecticut, this accredited exam is accepted in all states/jurisdictions that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. Reference: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Help with Exam
We have partnered with PSI - a global testing, certification, and licensing provider. The exam is proctored at a PSI test center location.
After purchasing the exam, you should receive an email from PSI instructing you how to schedule your exam. If you do not receive this email, please contact support at 877.881.2235.
You can also click here to schedule exam online at a testing center near you.
Upon successful completion of the exam with a passing score, you may download and print a proof of completion document. The official certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam.
Louisiana Food Safety Handler Training Course
Most people working in restaurants and non-restaurant facilities need a Food Handlers Card. To get the card, food handling and serving personnel should complete food handling training. After completing the course, they have to present the food handlers certificate to their local authority and pay the required registration fees.
Food Handler Training is often intended for entry-level professionals in the food service industry, such as servers, chefs, cooks, cashiers, and even c-store clerks. The Food Handler Certificate will require the learner to complete a brief 2-hour training course covering basic food safety principles. At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the content and learning outcomes. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a Food Handler’s Certificate document (or card).
The Learn2Serve.com Food Handler Training course will discuss various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and reduces risks.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
At the conclusion of the Food Handler Training Certificate program, you should be able to:
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Identify foodborne illnesses, signs of food spoilage, types of food prep contamination, and proper temperature control methods.
- Safely store and prepare meat, poultry, and vegetables.
- Demonstrate effective food handling techniques that promote cleanliness and safety in food establishments.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Summarize practices for properly cleaning and sanitizing food contact materials and surface.
Upon successful completion of the course and the exam, you will earn your food handler certificate of completion from your training page.
Louisiana Food Safety State Requirements
Louisiana Food Handlers
Louisiana food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Louisiana food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Louisiana Certified Food Managers
Louisiana requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Louisiana – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Louisiana Food Safety State Regulations
- Louisiana Administrative Code Title 51 – Public Health – Sanitary Code – Part XXIII. Retail Food Establishments (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- City of New Orleans – Mobile Food Vendor
- City of New Orleans – Food Truck Permit
- New Orleans Food Ordinance News
- Mardi Gras Food Vendors
- Baton Rouge Food Truck Wroundup
Louisiana Food Safety State Contact Info
Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals
628 N. 4th Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Phone: (225) 342-9500
We offer online Food Safety Training in Louisiana for: New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Metairie, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Kenner, Bossier City, Monroe, Alexandria, Houma, Marrero, New Iberia, Laplace, Prairieville, Central, and many more!