Allentown - Pennsylvania Food Handler & Certified Food Manager Training
Allentown - Pennsylvania Food Safety Handler & Manager Training Courses & ANSI Exam
- Food Safety Manager Certification
- Food Handler Training
- HACCP 16hrs
Allentown - Pennsylvania Food Safety Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. Please remember, your examination must be proctored.
*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Help with Exam
- Before the Exam: To login to the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
- To Schedule Your Exam Online: Click here
- End of Course/Exam Instructions: Your Official Certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam, however, a printable Proof of Completion document is available via the LMS once you complete and pass the final exam. (400K- PDF) – Download
Allentown - Pennsylvania Food Safety Handler Training Course
Most people working in restaurants and non-restaurant facilities need a Food Handlers Card. To get the card, food handling and serving personnel should complete food handling training. After completing the course, they have to present the food handlers certificate to their local authority and pay the required registration fees.
Food Handler Training is often intended for entry-level professionals in the food service industry, such as servers, chefs, cooks, cashiers, and even c-store clerks. The Food Handler Certificate will require the learner to complete a brief 2-hour training course covering basic food safety principles. At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the content and learning outcomes. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a Food Handler’s Certificate document (or card).
The Learn2Serve.com Food Handler Training course will discuss various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and reduces risks.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
At the conclusion of the Food Handler Training Certificate program, you should be able to:
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Identify foodborne illnesses, signs of food spoilage, types of food prep contamination, and proper temperature control methods.
- Safely store and prepare meat, poultry, and vegetables.
- Demonstrate effective food handling techniques that promote cleanliness and safety in food establishments.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Summarize practices for properly cleaning and sanitizing food contact materials and surface.
Upon successful completion of the course and the exam, you will earn your food handler certificate of completion from your training page.
Allentown - Pennsylvania HACCP Food Safety for Retail Food Establishments – 16hrs
Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance, this course presents the characteristics and application of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), a risk prevention management methodology that applies appropriate science and technology to plan, control, and document safe food processes in a food facility, consistent with the FDA’s desire to implement a voluntary HACCP program.
The course introduces HACCP’s principles and concepts. The HACCP approach begins by identifying biological, chemical, and physical hazards associated with facility construction, equipment, employees, food, and supplies and then explains the scientifically validated hazard control procedures that prevent, eliminate, or reduce hazards to levels that protect public health.
First Accredited HACCP Course for Retail Establishments
Our 16 hour HACCP training course is the first accredited nationwide HACCP course for retail food establishments – such as restaurants, mobile food vendors, bakeries, fast food chains, cafes, caterers, and hotel kitchens.
The HACCP for Retail Food Establishments course is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance and teaches the theories and practices of HACCP. Once learners have successfully completed the course, they will understand how HACCP is applied through Active Managerial Control (AMC) to establish a functional food safety management system.
Source: 360training.com Releases America's First Accredited HACCP Course for Retail
Course Hours: 16 Hours
- Lesson 1: The Food Safety Problem
- Lesson 2: The HACCP Approach to Food Safety
- Lesson 3: The Food Safety Management Plan
- Lesson 4: Physical Hazards in Food
- Lesson 5: Chemical Hazards in Food: Part 1
- Lesson 6: Chemical Hazards in Food: Part 2
- Lesson 7: Biological Hazards: Part 1
- Lesson 8: Biological Hazards: Part 2
- Lesson 9: Biological Hazards: Part 3
- Lesson 10: Biological Hazards: Part 4
- Lesson 11: Personal Hygiene and Control
- Lesson 12: Cleaning and Maintenance
- Lesson 13: Supplies
- Lesson 14: Menu HACCP
- Lesson 15: Recipe Engineering
Course Completion Certificate
Upon successful completion of the course, the certificate of completion will be available from the training page.
Allentown - Pennsylvania Food Safety State Requirements
Allentown - Pennsylvania Food Handlers
Pennsylvania food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Pennsylvania food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Allentown - Pennsylvania Certified Food Managers
Pennsylvania requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture – Food Employee Certification Act, 3 Pa C.S. §§ 6501 – 6510, which took effect January 22, 2011, requires one supervisory employee per food facility to become certified in food safety and sanitation by taking a nationally recognized food certification class and obtaining a National Certificate of completion.
Allentown - Pennsylvania – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Pennsylvania Food Safety State Regulations
- Pennsylvania Food Code – Title7: Agriculture – Part III. Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services – Chapter 46. Food Code
- Pennsylvania Food Employee Certification Act, 3 Pa C.S. §§ 6501 – 6510
- Pennsylvania Food Employee Certification Rules
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture – Mobile Food Facility (MFF) Operation Guide (PDF)
- Pennsylvania – Department of Agriculture – Temporary Licenses: Fairs and Events
- Pennsylvania – Temporary Retail Food License Application Packet (PDF)
- City of Philadelphia – Mobile Food Vending Units (PDF)
- City of Pittsburgh – Mobile Food Vehicle Vending (PDF)
- Food Vendors in Pennsylvania
- Eat Safe PA – FAQs
- Central Pennsylvania Mobile Food Association – Facebook
- City of Harrisburg – Food Sales by Street Vendors
- Philly Mobile Food Association
- Bucks County – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Allentown – Mobile Food Vendors
- Pittsburgh Mobile Food Coalition
- City Of Scranton – Dept. of Licensing, Inspections and Permits
Pennsylvania Food Safety State Contact Info
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Bureau of Food Safety & Lab Services
2301 N. Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110-9404
Phone: (717) 787- 4315
We offer online Food Safety Training in Pennsylvania for: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, Erie, Reading, Scranton, Bethlehem, Lancaster, Levittown, Harrisburg, Altoona, York, State College, Wilkes-Barre, Norristown, Chester, Bethel Park, Williamsport, Monroeville, Drexel Hill, Plum, Easton, Lebanon, Hazleton, New Castle, Pottstown, Allison Park, Johnstown, West Mifflin, Chambersburg, King of Prussia, Murrysville, McKeesport, and many more!